E- commerce/Airline industry Product Manager
The position is responsible to identify and implement E-Commerce Acquiring partnership opportunities for the acceptance of UnionPay card products, in particular to provide UnionPay online payment solution for Airline industry. This position is responsible for securing and managing the acquiring e-commerce solution with Airline companies, GDS and TSP in Airline industry.
The position will have the accountability and responsibility for the full process of implementing that opportunity from selling through project management and successful implementation. The position will work closely with internal and external partners and will ensure continued value added to, and excellent relationships with, the Partners.
1. Responsible for the e- commerce product operations business in the global market place, in particular, the Airline industry.
a) Product definition and documentation
b) Publish Product procedures and guideline
c) Corporate with Sales to prepare sales materials and research
2. Coordinate all airline industry customers’ e- commerce activities, including service and product enhancements, with UnionPay e- commerce Headquarters Team
3. Support sales in developing a strategic go to market plan.
4. Report the business performance based on key metrics: volume, transactions, market trends, brand preference, contribution margins, competitive environment, new trends and suggestions on how to build scale business in airline industry to achieve UnionPay’s objectives
5. Good understanding of local e-commerce space and gather and documenting industry best practices and key learning, and spreading this knowledge accordingly
6. Subject matter expert on UPI e-commerce products and provide training to sales staff
7. Support sales to develop and maintain strategic relationships with the e- commerce Partner management.
8. Support sales to manage and maximize the return on all resources applied to the Partner including sales, product, marketing, technology and operations resources
9. Demonstrate leadership in setting the e- commerce strategy for the Partner in association with both UnionPay and the Partner executive Team
10. Analyze and carefully monitor on an ongoing basis market trends, activities and competitor actions to enable the Product Team to develop and implement pre-emptive strategies and plans for the Partner.
Key Selection Criteria
Subject Matter- Demonstrated expertise in the e-commerce Acquiring business.
Established relationships with key providers of e-commerce acquiring services in Airline industry.
Financial Acumen - Shape Financial Results
- Apply financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities and make strategic choices.
- Ensure that budget, profitability and earnings targets are based on valid assumptions and appropriate business models.
Results Orientation - Drive Organizational Success
- Get results that have a clear, positive and have direct impact on business performance.
- Enthusiastically support the organization and influence others to commit to its mission and vision.
Strategic Thinking - Shape Strategy
- Identify and integrate organizational strategies to achieve and sustain competitive advantage
- Develop strategic solutions that leverage the core capabilities and competencies of the company.
Decision Making - Use Seasoned Judgment
- Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
Analysis - Drive Systematic Implications
- Clearly define complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Recognize key interrelationships and patterns among a variety of problems and issues.
•5-10 years business experience with related e- commerce product management experience in the payments industry, airline industry knowledge will be preferred;
•Have knowledge of different distribution channels payment acceptance procedures, including Airline sales channels as Internet, Ticket office, Call center; GDS/BSP/ARC sales (Billing and Settlement Plan) via travel agents and have a better understanding of GDS as Sabre/Abacus、Amadeus、Galileo etc. will be a strong plus;
•Have perception of the future development of airline tickets selling channels;
•Have better understanding of risk and fraud management practice relating to airlines and familiar with the card schemes’ regulation upon airline merchants will be a plus;
•Analytical, fact-based and the ability to synthesize and organize data/information;
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively;
•Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills;
•Demonstrated project management skills with ability to drive consensus in cross regional and cross functional teams;
•Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
•Ability to translate product complexities into practical business solutions appropriate for UnionPay and its Partners;
•Demonstrated track record of implementing product strategies based on business objectives that deliver measurable business results.
•Prove ability to create strategic solutions (driven by product/business development, marketing, and/or technology solutions) and implement them to drive top line results;
•Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions;
•Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships;
•Ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships;
•Represent UnionPay at industry forums and events;
•Position will be located in HK or mainland China.